RefWorld - unhcr website
UNHCR is pleased to present to you Refworld 2013 at www.refworld.org. The website has undergone significant changes with a view to enhancing the overall user experience, based on a user-survey conducted in 2012 as well as feedback received from internal and external users over the years.
When initially launched on the internet in 2007, Refworld was heralded as “an advanced, state-of-the-art protection information and knowledge resource which facilitates evidence-based and effective decision-making in refugee status determination procedures”. Refworld still plays this role today but functions more broadly as a key tool for evidence-based advocacy relating to resettlement, statelessness, internal displacement, as well as specific protection concerns. The database, updated on a daily basis, now contains more than 167,000 documents relating to countries of origin or asylum, case law, legislation and policy.
Refworld 2013 features a number of improvements, such as:
- The homepage has been redesigned to direct users more efficiently to content they are looking for.
- Search options have been greatly improved.
- Refworld now recognizes search terms in non-roman scripts.
- The thematic pages (“Special Features”) have been updated and re-organized.
- All documents are automatically displayed in full-screen mode.
- Refworld adapts content to a more user-friendly layout for mobile/tablet devices (responsive layout).
- The document links have been simplified, but the old links (as used in footnotes, etc.) still remain active.
Please see the attached leaflet and search tips for further details on the various changes and improvements. Please note that users who utilize Refworld’s personalization features will now receive their personalized selection again on a weekly basis.
With kind regards,
The Refworld Team