CALLING ALL EUROPEAN ASYLUM LAWYERS
The European Legal Network on Asylum (ELENA) & asylumlaw.org
THE ELENA DISCUSSION BOARD
An opportunity to use the Internet in the preparation of asylum cases
Would you like the opportunity to communicate electronically with other practising lawyers and legal counsellors from across Europe, to facilitate the exchange of information?
ELENA in collaboration with asylumlaw.org presents an electronic discussion board where registered users can pose questions to and request information from lawyers across Europe and the world.
- The discussion board offers case support in relation to issues including:
- Asylum procedures, case law and immigration law in other European countries
- Specific country of origin/ ethnic group information
Gender based claims/ sexual orientation based cases/ HIV/ AIDS based cases
How it works?
IT’S EASY!! –
Simply visit the new ECRE site at
or alternatively from www.ecre.org, click on
LINKS and scroll down to DISCUSSIONS
Then click on the Registration page link
Participation in the discussion board is by approval only. Fill out an online registration form; select a username (e.g. your name) and a password (choosing a word that you will remember) to access the site. Both your username and password are case sensitive.
Please note the following:
- Your username and password will not become active until your application has been approved by the administrators.
- Every registration has to be approved. The approval process will be co-ordinated by the ECRE Secretariat, monitoring the registrations, checking that asylum lawyers are exclusively using the site.
- Once approved, you will receive an email confirming your successful registration.
To start using the discussion board, simply revisit the ECRE website http://www.ecre.org/links/discussions.shtml
From where you can get started by clicking the www.asylumlaw.org/forum link.
- Last updated on .